Dissertation help

I moved my chapters from one computer, which had zotero, to another computer. I downloaded zotero on the new computer, but I never had an account with syncing. I then exported the library by saving it as an RDF file and moved it over via a USB drive. I then took the chapters and copied them into one new file on the new computer, so that my dissertation could be in one document for the first time. Now my citations are all messed up. Some have dissappeared, and some can't be edited. Anyway, I would be happy to delete all of them and reinsert them, but I don't know how to do that. I just want to make sure that moving forward I have a properly cited document that works with Zotero. To be honest, I'm not super familiar with Zotero, I only started using it for a couple of my chapters. I had previously done all citing manually. I love how Zotero works, but I'm not fluent enough in the software to do much significant troubleshooting. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • edited December 14, 2020
    I then exported the library by saving it as an RDF file and moved it over via a USB drive.
    You didn't want to do this — this breaks all links to citations in documents.

If you want to transfer Zotero data to another computer and preserve Zotero citations, you have two options, explained here:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/transferring_a_library

Assuming you still have access to your old computer, you should delete your Zotero data directory on the new computer (with Zotero closed) and try again.