Reference List disappeared in Track Changes

Hello,

I'm using Zotero 5.0.93 and Microsoft Word for Microsoft 365 (Version 2010). The draft document is saved on MS OneDrive and one other person has editing rights. Last week, the updated reference list was showing in track changes. But when I opened the document yesterday, the new ref list is missing; I can only see the deleted (i.e., crossed out by track changes as I updated the document), older ref list. I've followed the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I've also restarted both programs and it hasn't helped. The updated references (with new numbers) show in the actual text, but when I refresh Zotero, nothing happens - no new reference list appears. I've also gone into the version history in OneDrive to open a version from last week, but the updated reference list is missing there too.

Suggestions on how to fix this are most appreciated! Thank you
  • If the bibliography was deleted in the document, you just need to click Add/Edit Bibliography to insert a new one. The bibliography is just a representation of the Zotero citations in the document.
  • Thanks! For some reason, it wasn't allowing me to do that. I restarted both programs for a third time and it finally allowed the update.