Varying versions of Zotero Firefox plugin across workstations; leaving the development version

I am getting the

Zotero user data DB version is newer than DB version" on FF3.5, Ubuntu 9

which is discussed here:

http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/newer_db_version

But my problem is slightly different. 1) The mismatch seems to have arisen because one of my Zotero implementations uses the the development version, and the other(s) use the 2.06.5 beta that I think everyone else is using. (Is this a reasonable diagnosis?)

So, I gather that to resolve the "DB version is newer" error, I must upgrade all my firefox implementations to the development version. That would be Ok if someone could remind me how to get the development XPI, and I can't seem to find it, please!

Secondly, I'd like to stop using the development XPI. I'm ecstatic about 2 beta, so I don't really need the bleeding edge any more. Given the impossibility of data roll=backs, is there a way out of the development version, or am I signed up for development versions for ever?

Suggestions welcome.
  • From the page:
    This applies to minor versions as well, so installing Zotero 1.5b2 over Zotero 1.5b1, or a release version over a more recent development build, would produce the same error.
    Given the impossibility of data roll=backs, is there a way out of the development version, or am I signed up for development versions for ever?
    Install 2.0b7 when it comes out tomorrow.
  • The forum that never sleeps...

Thanks Dan.
  • did you say tomorrow? That's very exciting.
  • I hope it will come out in time. I get the "This version of Zotero is older than the version last used withyour database" error message too but I'm using only the actual version 2.0b6.5!
  • 2.0b7 is available now. Install it over 2.0b6.5 and your dev builds (before updating those any further) and you'll be good to go.

(Thomas_W: You would have only received that message in 2.0b6.5 if you were previously using a more recent dev build.)
  • The installation of 2.0b7 solves this problem as expected. :)

But I never installed a never version than 2.0b6.5 before. I'm just using the Firefox update mechanism. It seems to be the problem with minor version updates described by you above.