Zotero crash 575652860

Twice within the last hour Zotero has stopped with "An error has occurred. Please restart Zotero". I was carrying out completely normal editing of attached notes and there have been no major changes to my setup recently. ReportID: 575652860
  • [JavaScript Error: "operation timed out"]
    [JavaScript Error: "operation timed out"]
    [JavaScript Error: "An error has occurred. Please restart Zotero.
    Is your Zotero data directory in the default location on your local disk, or is it in a cloud storage folder or external drive?

If this is happening regularly, you should leave debug output logging enabled (perhaps clearing it periodically to keep the log cleaner) and submit the output as soon as this occurs, and provide the Debug ID here.
  • edited November 27, 2020
    It's run local at the default locations I presume as I never changed them. I see Zotero folders in
    /Users/myname/zotero
    /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/zotero
    and of course the app in
    /Applications/Zotero.app

I synchronise notes to the Zotero server, but I keep linked attachments in a folder on my iCloud drive.

All of this has been running for years. There are no recent changes (that I know of).

It runs OK most of the time, there were just these two crashes today. It was OK after restart.... so far. If it happens again, I will turn debugging on and send you the file if it happens again after that.