tried to merge two accounts, lost the whole library

Hey everyone,

since I have created two accounts in the past, I finally wanted to merge them. The problem is that this isn´t supported by zotero. So I wanted to give it a try by saving my library and then activating the sync function for my new acc. The problem was that after I did that, my previously saved library was gone. I can´t find it on my desktop and now my whole library in zotero is gone (not counting the few books I had in online sync). Is there any way to restore my zotero library to the status of two hours ago.

Best regards,
Jannis
  • Note that when you went to switch accounts, Zotero very clearly warned you that it would delete all local data from the old account, required you to check a checkbox saying "Remove all data for “______” from this computer", and said to make sure you had uploaded any data before continuing:

"Before continuing, make sure all data and files you wish to keep have been synced with the “_______” account or you have a backup of your Zotero data directory."

Only at that point did it delete your local library.

The account you're posting from has data in the online library, which you can view by clicking Web Library at the top of this page. You can also log into the other account and check its web library to see if there's data there. If you followed the instructions in the dialog, that library should have been fully in sync before you switched accounts, and you could just as easily switch back.