Current Biology formatting not working

I'm using the latest version of Zotero with MS Word 2016. For some reason the Current Biology citation style is now being formatted like Nature (superscript numbers, no brackets). I checked a just published article from CB and it doesn't appear that their citation formatting has changed.

Other citation styles are working as expected. I tried deleting and re-installing the Current Biology style, tried CB style in a different MS Word document, and tried CB style in a Google doc with google doc plugin, and the problem persisted in all cases.

Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
  • From https://www.cell.com/current-biology/authors:
    References must be cited by superscript numbers running consecutively in the text in Vancouver superscript style, e.g., “Multiple reports support this observation.1,2” or "This observation is supported by Smith et al.1" (this style is termed "Superscripted Number" in EndNote and "Cell journals (numeric, superscript)" in other reference formatting programs).
    That's exactly what the style does (it's indeed a recent change and I'm guessing current articles are still using an earlier version).
  • edited November 24, 2020
    Oh OK, thank you so much!