Word Plugin not renumbering properly after Edit Bibliography

OK, I think the title is pretty self descriptive:
If I have some document with a bibliography and try to "Edit bibliography", like to change some formatting in the title, when I click "Done" the number for that reference becomes 1. Sometimes it is not just that one but all references below it. This does not affect the citations - they retain the same number. Refreshing doesn't help. Deleting the bibliography and regenerating it also doen't work.
This happens with MacOSX 10.5, zotero 2.0 beta and word 2008.
Anyone knows of a solution? this is really annoying...
Thanks

Tiago
  • Exactly the same situation has also happened to me. It occurs with citation styles that uses citation numbers. (Thin Solid Films, in my case FYI). The number all became [1]. My environment is: Windows XP, Word 2003, Zotero 2.0b7, WinWord Integration Plug-in 3.0a1.

This is just a guess, but the reason seems to be edit bibliography window not reflecting the current citation number which that citation possesses.

My temporary solution is to renumber the bibliography by hand in the edit bibliography window. Tedious. If anyone has a better solution, please let us know.

I hope this will be resolved in the near future. Thank you in advance.
  • This discussion is about the same issue:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5254/word-plugin-error-report-1125222197

Dan Stillman's instructions worked for me. Thank you very much! I owe him an hour. Tiago, try it out if you haven't already.
This discussion has been closed.