Report ID - 2007348756: An error occurred while trying to export the selected file

Dear all,

I tried to export my full library. However, I always get an error message. The export always stops at 7,41GB. There are still some 35GB unused storage left on my machine.
Given the reported error message mentioning a "selected file", I suppose there are issues with one specific item. Is there a way to identify the problematic item? I can only speculate why this happens. Maybe due to a lengthy name?

In another forum entry I found that it might help to deactivate other add-ons, which I did. Another suggested solution was to uncheck "automatically check for updated translators and styles" in the advanced preferences. I also unchecked "report broken site translators" below. This did, however, not solve the issue.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Best wishes,
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.copyTo]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate_item.js" line: 1208}]
    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero for an export that causes this?

    You should be able to work around this (and help us debug this, if the debug output doesn't contain enough info) by narrowing this down to a single item that causes the error. You should be able to do that easily by going in halves — export half of the items at a time, and if one half fails, export half of that failing half, and so on. You should be able to find the item that's causing this in a small number of steps.

    We've seen this on some versions of Windows when the filename or path for an attachment is too long. If it's the latter, exporting to a folder less deep in the filesystem may help.

    Just to be clear, though, an export isn't a backup, so if that's what you're trying to use this for, you shouldn't. See Backing Up Your Zotero Data for that.
  • The debug ID is D911370838.

    The answer so far was already useful. In fact, when I exported to another folder in the system, the error no longer appeared.

    Thank you as well for mentioning that the export function is not an adequate way to back up the library. This is indeed what I tried to achieve.
Sign In or Register to comment.