Generating biblio - more than 1 way?

I'm using Word for Mac 2011. I have the applescript and little tool bar to make selections for my zotero. My bibliography is not being created as I add new in-text citations. Is there a way to do this? Right now, the only way I've figured out how to create the biblio is selecting "zotero insert bibliography" from tool bar. This generates the biblio of the citations I've used in-text. If this method is correct--or the only method--will zotero automatically add entries to the biblio as i add new in-text citations? Or, will I need to add them manually? Is it best to select "zotero insert bibliography" at the very end of composition? Thank you so much.
  • Yes, that's the only method to add a bibliography using the Word add-on.
    Yes, it will automatically update to include items cited later (or do so when you click refresh if automatic updating is disabled in the document preferences)

For small to mid-size documents it doesn't matter when you insert the bibliography. For larger documents (>30pages) waiting until (towards) the end to insert it will make Zotero work faster in the document.
  • You’re misunderstanding this. Adding citations doesn’t automatically add a bibliography anywhere (many styles don’t have a bibliography). To add the bibliography, place your cursor where you want it in your document and click the Add/Edit Bibliography button. The bibliography will update as you add more citations (or you can wait until the end to add the bibliography).
  • Thank you both.