Error Report ID 2119173211 & 391183648

I seem to have created a specific Author or Institution that creates the report:
"Zotero experienced an error updating your document"

I'm using Zetero 5.0.93 with Office 365 on a Windows 10 machine. As far as I am aware (and I've checked) all software is the latest.

I have a document with 37 references using "Modern Humanities Research Association 3rd edition (note with bibliography)" style. When I cite add this 1 reference, it creates the footnote, then reports the error, creates an empty footnote and deletes the Zotero reference list.

I've tried the same thing on a new empty document (no references), selected from new a different Citation style (Chicago 17th (full note), added the same citation, and the same thing occurs - also deleting the reference list if I created another reference & reference list first.

I've also tried creating the reference from new (i.e. empty), recreating from scratch the reference, even (apparently ) deleting the author name from the system. With no author name - all is good. Put the author name in, and the same error in an otherwise new document. I wonder if the author name has somehow become corrupted, and I need to something far more radical to remove it?

Every other citation seems to work OK, so I have no idea what is happening!
  • Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt.
    Try one or more of the following:
    * Open and Repair the file.
    * Open the file with the Text Recovery converter. [setText:\vboxsvr\adomas\zotero\word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\field.cpp]
    This suggests that there's a problem with the document itself, but see the last step in Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents. If you can isolate this, email an excerpt that demonstrates the problem to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread, and we can take a look.
  • @Nigel007: This wasn't actual malware — it's a false positive. See this thread for details, and follow up there if you continue to see it.
This discussion has been closed.