Phantom items and missing collection

I am using Zotero 2.0b6.5. I used to use Zotero at both my work computer and my home computer, but now I just have a home computer. Every time I open Zotero I get the following message:

"Items in the collection 'Oral Argument' have been added and/or removed in multiple locations. The following items have been added to the local collection:

- When the Justices Ask Questions, Be Prepared to Lose the Case (Liptak)"

But that item above never appears in my library. And the error message keeps popping up again and again.

I am also missing an entire collection that I set up on my old work computer a couple months ago. Is there anything I can do to rescue that data?
  • But that item above never appears in my library. And the error message keeps popping up again and again.
    Are you getting an exclamation icon over the sync icon at the end of the sync? Is there an error message when you hover over it and in Report Errors under the gear menu? If so, send it in and post the Report ID here.

You should also generate debug output for the sync attempt from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, send in the output, and post the ID here.
    I am also missing an entire collection that I set up on my old work computer a couple months ago. Is there anything I can do to rescue that data?
    Does it appear in your library online?
  • Well I'm not exactly sure what happened, but the issue seems to have been resolved. There was an exclamation icon over the sync icon. I tried to take a screenshot of it, but I was directed to a screen asking me to resolve a conflict between two different versions of the same item. Upon exiting that screen, all my missing items reappeared (including the Liptak article referenced above), and I no longer receive the error message about "Items in the collection 'Oral Argument' have been added and/or removed in multiple locations."