Changing from "note" to "full note" style breaks after footnote 20

I have a text in Chicago manual "note" style but need "full note" for submission. I can swap between "note US" and "note UK" without any issue, but selecting "full note" as preference breaks after footnote 20. I deleted footnote 20, then it breaks at footnote 21.

I also downloaded a different "full note" style to test, and it has the same issues. I fear I may have broken my encodings somewhere along the way and really don't know what to do. I followed all your advice copying the text to a new document, making a copy of the whole document etc.

Any help will be much appreciated.

• PS: adding a bibliography also works, so ZOTERO has connection with the data in the text. This has never happened to me before and I am pretty downhearted. :-(
  • What exactly do you mean by "break"? The following notes are all short notes or something else?
  • Instead of the encoding in foonote 20, there are three dots [...], the remaining footnotes are all in "note" style. As I said, this error progresses to the next footnote accordingly if footnote 20 is deleted. And I get an error notification:

"Ein Fehler ist beim Update Ihres Dokuments aufgetreten."

But it does not specify what error it is.