Full note inline option (not a footnote)

Hi I sometimes need to use a full note in my main text - but Zotero inserts a footnote. Is there a way to get the full note inline?
Previously I used Mendeley and I had the same issue, but there it was possible to fix it using csl editor. I tried to use this modified csl style in Zotero, but it still produces a footnote instead of just inserting the full note in the main text.
Please help!
Thanks jan
  • Zotero and Mendeley use the same CSL styles. It’s likely that you didn’t change the title and id at the top of your edited style, so it got overwritten when the original style updated. Change those in your style and install again.
  • If that doesn't work, post the modified style somewhere we can look at it like pastebin.com or hastebin.com
  • Thank you very much for your replIES. Unfortunately installing the modified file results in an error message: "%1$@".
    I tried modifying Chicago Manual of Style 17th. ed. by just changing the global formatting option class to "note" but zotero reacts in the same way.
    Here it is: https://pastebin.com/2JHDfqQ5
  • Update: now it loaded correctly and I can choose it in Zotero. I think it has to do with Zotero itself, because it still makes a footnote when I click Add/Edit Citation. When used with Mendeley this very same style makes a full note. Is there a way to fix it?
  • If you want the note in the text and not a footnote, use
    class="in-text" -- class="note" specifically tells Zotero to create the citation in a footnote. Not sure why Mendeley would behave differently. It shouldn't.
  • Thank you so much!!! It resolved the issue! Now Zotero does exactly what I wanted. Thank you!