Copy-paste of inline format recognized by RTF Scan?

Hi all,
I'm new to Zotero and trying to figure out how I can use it to free myself from Endnote. The RTF Scan feature will basically allow me to do this, but I am hoping to streamline the process of inserting the inline citations that RTF scan recognizes.

I would like to be able to find a ref in Zotero, hit a keyboard shortcut, then paste the ref into my text document with the format that RFT Scan recognizes. This is basically how I used to work with Endnote, but I can't figure out how to get the inline ref from Zotero and onto my clipboard in the format that RTF Scan recognizes. Any ideas?

Sorry if I have missed something here, or a solution in a different thread, but I can't seem to find anything on this in the documentation. It only talks about typing the format recognized by RTF scan.

With my beginners knowledge, it seems that I could do this with a modified style (set as my Quick Copy style in Zotero preferences), where the inline style uses the curled brackets recognized by RTF Scan rather then the normal smooth brackets. Then I could use the existing Cmd+Shift+A shortcut. A dedicated new shortcut would be great too if it is relatively easy to add (i.e. a dedicated shortcut that mimicking the temporary citation copy-paste function of Endnote).