Style error: SBL

I'm looking for a fix for two pretty simple errors in the SBL style:

1) When I cite a volume in a series, the series name is displayed, but the number is not. This is true for both footnotes and bibliography. For example:

Correct: Winston, D. The Wisdom of Solomon: A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary. AB 43. Garden City N.Y.: Doubleday, 1979.

Current SBL Style: Winston, D. The Wisdom of Solomon: A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary. AB. Garden City N.Y.: Doubleday, 1979.

2) In order to comply with SBL style, the journal abbreviation needs to be used for footnotes, and the full journal name is used in the bibliography. Currently, the full journal name shows up in both, even when there is an abbreviation given in the "Journal Abbreviation" field.

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Miryam
  • I'm on it.
    Quick question: The Series Number - is that just in the bibliography, or also in the citation?
  • It should be in both the citation and the bibliography, but it doesn't show up in either. Thank you!
  • OK thanks for pointing that out - I've doublechecked with the style to make sure, should be all correct now.
  • Excellent! Thanks again - you really saved me.

Miryam
  • Could anyone tell me the solution to this. I'm stuck and have the same or similar problem. I need to list the entire journal name in the bibliography but it will only print the abbreviated journal name.