Exclude group libraries in Word plug-in search

edited November 3, 2020
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but cannot find any similar topic. In the main Zotero app I can search in specific libraries by just selecting the one I'm interested in. In the Word plug-in when I am inserting or editing citations in the search bar, the search covers all libraries.

Following a discussion on this forum I moved many articles that I do not use often in group libraries, that solved the problem all filtering through many articles in one library. However since the plug-in searches across libraries I do get too many results, so searching the right article becomes burdensome.

My main question is if we can exclude group libraries from the search in the Word plug-in. Or am I forced to export all group libraries outside Zotero and then re import whenever I need them? That does not seem very practical solution.

Thanks in advance!
  • I don't know if something better is planned (I generally agree with your points) but you can currently use the classic word add-on (toggle in the cite preferences in Zotero), which works more like the regular Zotero interface.
  • thank you for the reply Adam, I have tried your suggestion but the classic Word add-on is rather clunky especially when inserting multiple citations it requires to use keyboard and mouse and too many clicks, the usability of the modern add-on is so much better. Would it be possible to maybe add a drop down to the modern add-on so we can choose a library or exclude group libraries?
  • Would it be possible to maybe add a drop down to the modern add-on so we can choose a library or exclude group libraries?
    Yes, something like that is planned.
  • Is there any update on this? I don't see that option in my current zotero plugin. I have a lot of group libraries and some of them are large, making the search within the plugin slow. This feature would be really helpful.