Zotero plugin trouble

Click "Tools" --> "Plugin" and then there's no any respond. Not any window pop up. Strange!

It occurs to me that after I installed the xpi files named:"MDnotes" and "Better Bib Tex", the problem occurs.

Thanks for someone's help in advance.
  • Have you tried restarting Zotero?

If you need to uninstall plugins manually, you can do so by deleting them from the 'extensions' folder of your Zotero profile directory.
  • The first thing for me is to restart zotero, but it doesn't work. In addition to this, I try to delete the extension files in the folder as below:
    ''' C:\Users\panyu\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\h7aeciyo.default\extensions

''''

It also has the problem.
    I test that clicking "Tool -> plugin" and these's nothing happen. No window popup but still stay main window. Do you have any good advice?
    If I have to uninstall zotero , how I back up my materials ?
    Thank you very much.
  • In English it's Tools → Add-ons. Is that what you mean? You're saying the Add-ons window doesn't open?

Can you provide a Report ID after trying that?
  • I have the same problem (see https://github.com/scitedotai/scite-zotero-plugin/issues/31) and removing the xpi from the 'C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\.....\extensions' was not enough to disable add-ons. Zotero still try to load them just most features are not working.
  • @davy44: You would have to restart Zotero after deleting the XPI. There's no way for it to remain after that.
  • I did close Zotero before removing the xpi from the extension folder. However I notice I had still a Zotero process running when all Zotero windows were closed. After killing that process, and reopening Zotero, the add-ons seems to not be running (no more add-ons preference in the tools menu (or custom context menu). However they still show up in the add-ons dialog.
    Anyway I was able to remove the scite add-ons that was causing the issue from my previous message.