Zotero jumps to the first pages when entering a new citation

Hi,

I know that my issue is not "new" - but I have not been able to find any solutions on the previous posts regarding this matter.

I work on a regular PC (Lenovo) and I am using the style "Bluebook Law Review."

The issue is rather annoying, as even when I try to scroll down again, it sometimes forces me to stay in the top pages. The only way I know to get out of this is to simply close my document and open it again.

Any explanation or advice on how to address this will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
  • What exact version of Word?
  • I use Microsoft 365
  • How does restarting fix the problem? What causes it to reappear?
  • Restarting means that for maybe a short period of time, my document does not jump to the top or does not "lock" me at the top of the document (sometimes when my document jumps, I can't scroll down to the page that I am working on and continuously forces me back to the top).

I don't know what triggers this to happen/ reappear. It just kind of happens spontaneously and then it remains that way - why I close the document and reopen it later, even though this is only a temporary fix to the problem.
  • Could you take screenshots, or a video recording of the issue, upload it somewhere (like Dropbox) and post the link here? Also try to note whether there's anything specific that triggers this.