Looking for short author field

After formerly citing a reference, I would like to use a short form of the author's name in subsequent citations. It would be useful, since the author is an organisation, to write only its acronym, in order to gain in fluency and save space. For example, referring to an organization which is not really known in my country (that's the reason why I need to write the whole name at least once):

instead of
– Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques (Insee) [...]
both in all inline citations (and bibliography)

I would like to write
1. Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques (Insee) [...]
in first inline citation (and bibliography)
2. Insee [...]
in subsequent inline citations

So, is it possible to univocally store a short form of the author's name, sepately from family or given name fields?

Would it be possible to do the same thing with institutions (/Publishers), too?
  • Not possible, no. I typically cite the short form of an organization as the author and the long form as the publisher (which will then appear in the bibliography), but that may not work for you.
  • Oh, ok...
    Thank you for your reply; maybe I'll follow your advice in other circumstances!

I was wondering if I could suggest that short author/publisher fields are added in next Zotero updates. To this end, is it enough that I opened this discusson? Or, do I have to do something else?
  • A short form for institution names is part of CSL 1.1, which Zotero will likely adopt in a future version.
  • Thank you for the information.