Suggestion: Add dictionary/encyclopedia entry with an book item

edited October 27, 2020
Hello,

Still new to Zotero, but I am looking for an option to add dictionaries and encyclopedias as book items, and select afterwards the lemmas as locators by the Word/Writer plug in, with the result that the lemmas are cited as entries and not as books.

If there is non the like, is it possible to add such function to the plugins? If possible, also to give in the author(s) at the same time, because in some thick encyclopedias the lemmas are written by different authors. Or is that just in my discipline (Theology)?

So that we only have to add the dictionaries and encyclopedias as book items, and select the locator/lemma afterwards? Now we have to add every entry by hand.

Thanks
  • Generally, if each entry has a different author, you would cite the individual entries as distinct items (e.g., entered as Encyclopedia Article or Book Section).

If you really want to only cite the book as a whole, enter it as a book and enter the entry information in the Suffix field in Word.
  • So, I can not 'create' an entry inside the plugin? That is a bummer...
  • The way Zotero works is that you add items in your library, then cite these items in the Word processor.