Pop-up options when saving with bookmarklet

Hey,

Thanks for providing a nice software.

I'd like to be able to edit the newly created entry easily, when creating it with the boomkarklet.

Problem: I save an entry w/ boomkarlet, then I have to go to the library, find the entry, edit, and remove the attachments (from wasting quota).

There would be less clicking, if there were an options pop-up, to CONFIRM the parsed values (add tags, remove attachments, etc).

BR,

Janne
  • If you are using Zotero on a desktop computer you should use the Zotero Connector extension instead of the bookmarklet. Zotero should automatically select newly saved items in your library view. You can disable automatic attachment saving in Zotero preferences under General.
  • Thanks.

I am using only the web browser version, with bookmarklet. Haven't found attachment disabling on the web settings.

I have several computers. There is less complexity without installing and configuring each setup.
  • While it's up to you, just to be clear, you're getting far from the real Zotero experience if you're only using the bookmarklet and the web library. For any significant work, you want to be using the Zotero desktop app and the Zotero Connector browser extension. The web library is designed to let you access your library when you're not able to install Zotero on a computer, and you're missing out on a huge amount of functionality if that's all you're using. The bookmarklet allows you to save on platforms where you can't install a browser extension (e.g., on a phone), but it offers much less functionality than the connector and, due to browser restrictions, won't work or won't work as well on various modern sites.