Local RIS import journal marked as Web page (TY – JOUR)

Hi!

I’m not sure if there is something wrong on me or is something broken in Zotero. When trying to import RIS.txt files all the imports are marked as Web Page. Is this wrongly done RIS file?

Also some abstracts are not correctly shown, but if I guess correctly this is more about the file structure and naming.

Here is an example journal from the RIS file:
Whole txt file: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=97f11fcb0e831ae4e5c3dee5769931ece04e75f6e8ebb871

TY - JOUR
ID - EBSCO_APH
SN - 10900241
A1 - Brandenberg, Scott J.
A1 - Coe, Joseph
A1 - Nigbor, Robert L.
A1 - Tanksley, Kim
TI - Different Approaches for Estimating Ground Strains from Pile Driving Vibrations at a Buried Archeological Site.
Y1 - 20090801
N2 - Ground strains were estimated from vibrations measured during pile driving operations at a buried, prehistoric archeological site to monitor potential construction impacts. Subsurface characteristics of the site were investigated using multiple cone penetration test (CPT) soundings and the shear wave velocity profile was measured using the seismic CPT method. Embedded geophones and surface accelerometers were then used to measure ground vibrations during pile driving.

Displacement gradients were estimated from the vibrations using the following three methods: (1) the difference between adjacent displacements divided by sensor spacing; (2) peak particle velocity divided by depth-dependent wave velocity (i.e., at the depth where the sensor was placed); and (3) peak particle velocity divided by frequency-dependent wave velocity from a measured dispersion curve. Methods (1) and (3) agreed well, while method (2) caused errors that
depended on depth of embedment of the sensors and distanc
N2 - e from pile driving. Errors in (2) were attributed to a mismatch between the depth-dependent wave velocity and the wave velocity on the frequency band that carried the largest velocity pulse through the dispersive soil profile. Ground strains were related to displacement gradients based on theoretical solutions of harmonic body waves and Rayleigh waves in dispersive elastic media. The peak estimated ground strains were smaller than the threshold volumetric shear strain, but a few
centimeters of settlement were nevertheless observed at the site. The spatial extent of the settlement is characterized using attenuation rules fit to the vibration data, and by calibration with a settlement gauge. Ground cracking and vertical offsets that could potentially mask the archaeological history of the site were neither observed nor predicted from the observed vibration amplitudes. Estimated impact on archeological interpretation of artifacts in their
stratigraphic context was likely insignificant ex
N2 - cept in the immediate region where the piles were driven. This insight will assist in future planning at sites with similar subsurface stratigraphy. [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR]
KW - Archaeology
KW - Foundation construction
KW - Pile driving
KW - Vibration

KW - Wave measurement
KW - SEISMIC waves
KW - RAYLEIGH waves
KW - FLUID dynamics
KW - MINE safety -- Equipment & supplies
KW - STRAINS & stresses
A2 - Brandenberg, Scott J.
A2 - Coe, Joseph
A2 - Nigbor, Robert L.
A2 - Tanksley, Kim

PY - 2009
ID - Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
IS - 8
VL - 135
JO - Journal of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering
SP - 1101
EP - 1112
ER -
  • edited September 4, 2009
    There are so many problems with this RIS file that it is difficult to know where to start. Did this come from EBSCO?

1. There can only be one N2 field, that is the abstract field, it looks like your item is being broken into multiple abstracts at strange points.

2. These items have an extra space added after the item type. You have
    "TY  - JOUR "
    instead of
    "TY  - JOUR"
    3. There are also a bunch of strange returns between different items.

This version of your file imported fine for me.

TY - JOUR
    ID - EBSCO_APH
    SN - 10900241
    A1 - Brandenberg, Scott J.
    A1 - Coe, Joseph
    A1 - Nigbor, Robert L.
    A1 - Tanksley, Kim
    TI - Different Approaches for Estimating Ground Strains from Pile Driving Vibrations at a Buried Archeological Site.
    Y1 - 20090801
    N2 - Ground strains were estimated from vibrations measured during pile driving operations at a buried, prehistoric archeological site to monitor potential construction impacts. Subsurface characteristics of the site were investigated using multiple cone penetration test (CPT) soundings and the shear wave velocity profile was measured using the seismic CPT method. Embedded geophones and surface accelerometers were then used to measure ground vibrations during pile driving.
    KW - Archaeology
    KW - Foundation construction
    KW - Pile driving
    KW - Vibration
    A2 - Brandenberg, Scott J.
    A2 - Coe, Joseph
    A2 - Nigbor, Robert L.
    A2 - Tanksley, Kim
    PY - 2009
    ID - Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
    IS - 8
    VL - 135
    JO - Journal of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering
    SP - 1101
    EP - 1112
    ER -
  • Ok, thank you! That means I just need to live with it, not too much harm done. I can manually fix it.

That ris is generated from Nelli-portaali (National Electronic Library Interface). http://www.nationallibrary.fi/libraries/nelli.html . Build mainly using MetaLib and SFX (I don’t really know what that means). They have many formats, but all are a bit broken in Zotero. [RefWorks, EndNote, EndNoteWeb, ProCite, RIS, xml].