Zotero link in google doc is not active

I have a shared google doc and a Zotero account stored on my desktop. I am new to Zotero, so forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question. When I hover over the Zotero tab on my google doc, it turns grey as if the link is active, but when I click on it nothing happens. When I click on other tabs (tools, format, etc) they are all functional.

Is this because the doc is shared but my Zotero account is not? I am new to both Zotero and Google Docs, so I have no idea where to get started.
  • No, wouldn't have anything to do with sharing or an account. That menu should always work if it appears.

Can you restart your browser and try again? If it still doesn't work, can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for loading the Google Docs page and trying to click the menu?
  • Thank you for the quick reply. the debug ID is D1726535861
    I restarted firefox and installed an update to Zotero prior to trying again so this debug ID is after I did both of those updates/restarts
  • This is a debug from Zotero instead of the Connector (the browser extensions). The instructions are in the link above. Could you a Debug ID for refreshing the Google Docs page and clicking the menu?
  • I restarted my computer and that seemed to have helped. The Zotero link is now working in google docs. Thank you so much for your quick help.
  • I restarted my computer again because Zotero was not working with a different document in google docs. After restarting my computer, zotero was no longer working on either of my documents. The debug id is 2132466767
    Thank you
  • That's a Report ID, not a Debug ID.