Deleted Word Macros

I have just had occasion to reuse some Microsoft Word documents, which contained a macro. In the good old days, 10 months ago, I created this rather bulky macro that worked. I now return to the old DOCXs, and my macro has been replaced by several Zotero macros. Why? Zotero hadn't been installed then. Are preexisting macros automatically replaced by Zotero macros now? Can I, with caution, recover my old macro? Your macro names are ZoteroAddEditBibliography, ZoteroAddEditCitation, ZoteroEditBibliography, ZoteroEditCitation, ZoteroInsertBibliography, ZoteroInsertCitation, ZoteroRefresh, ZoteroRemoveCodes and ZoteroSetDocPrefs.
  • edited October 9, 2020
    This is a misunderstanding. Zotero didn't replace or delete your macros. Zotero installs a Word template (Zotero.dotm) into the Word startup folder, and its macros will show up in the macro list whenever you start Word. That has nothing to do with the macros in your document. We can't help with that, because it has nothing to do with Zotero.
  • I just opened a New document in Word. All of the identified Zotero macros are there! Why can't I get a pristine Word document?
  • I explained this above. The macros are in Word, not your document. Forget about them. There is absolutely no problem with Zotero here.