Zotero 5.0.91 beta not saving snapshots. D672469174.

Hi all. I've just installed the new beta Zotero + FF Connector, to test the new SingleFile-like functionality. Results: all looks well, but snapshots not being saved.

Debug ID is D672469174.

Auto snapshots setting is on.
The "Saving to MyLibrary" dialog appears and disappears as expected, except that the word "Snapshot" in bottom LHS remains grey.
Latest Win10, latest FF. Things that didn't help: snapshots of different websites; disabling all other FF add-ons; restarting FF and Zotero; searching forums.

Cheers.
  • (Note that you're actually on the latest Firefox ESR. The ESR is fine, but "latest FF" would generally imply Firefox 81, not 78.)

You're actually hitting a couple different things here. We've fixed one of the problems that was causing this to fail on Windows, but the other we can't reproduce. Can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector (instead of Zotero)?
  • > (Note that you're actually on the latest Firefox ESR. The ESR is fine, but "latest FF" would generally imply Firefox 81, not 78.)

"About Mozilla Firefox" windows says "81.0.1 ... Firefox is up to date". I checked before original post. I checked again just now.

> Can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector

5.0.74beta1
  • I said:
    > 5.0.74beta1

Sorry, I misread.
  • > Can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector

The Debug ID is D1151316749.
  • Zotero now at 5.0.91-beta.9+479f01fa9.
    Snapshots now working, thank you!

FYI, sent fresh debug info. The Debug ID is D231035957.
    Cheers.

PS: Your president is still orange, and bat-shit crazy. Please fix asap.
  • "About Mozilla Firefox" windows says "81.0.1 ... Firefox is up to date".
    This is the user agent Zotero is getting from your browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0

There are plans in the browser world to freeze the user agent string, but Firefox hasn't done that yet, so I'm not sure why it would be saying 78 if that's not what you're running. It's possible you have some browser extension that's modifying your user agent string, or there may be some other weird problem or configuration in your Firefox profile or installation. You can ask Google what your user agent is and see what it says.
    Snapshots now working, thank you!
    Great. Turns out there was only the one problem here, where snapshots saved in Zotero itself failed on Windows. Normally snapshots are saved in the Zotero Connector, but on Wikipedia we actually fetch the permalinked version of the page you're on (in case it was editing in the meantime), and that can only happen in Zotero itself. So everything else is working properly.

Working on fixing the other thing.