Syncing - Chain in the Icon

OK, hope you are doing well:

So I am at "start>kb>files not syncing" and have a question.

Background: Some files are opening on my iMac but not on my MacBook Pro.

So, following the instructions at the address above, I got stuck right away at #2: "Linked files are indicated by a chain in the attachment icon." I do not see any "chain" when I look at the file not syncing (the one giving the "The attached file cold not be found...it may not have been synced to Zotero.org." message).

More background: I did not have enough space for some time but signed up for more and then tried to sync everything but the problem remains.

Could be that I am not looking in the right place to see the chain. Otherwise, in my quest for a solution, I am stuck at #2!

Any help?

Very kind regards, Eric
  • Not sure why you think you're stuck at 2. That's just making sure you're not dealing with linked files, because if you were, none of the rest would be relevant. If it's a stored file, you should continue with the steps.
    More background: I did not have enough space for some time but signed up for more and then tried to sync everything but the problem remains.
    Most likely you just haven't fully synced your files on the computer where they were created since upgrading your storage. You'd have to find the computer where they actually exist, which would be the computer where you added them.