help with numerical style

I tried to insert numerical style citations into Google doc. If I do this out of order (insert a citation before existing citations), the older citations become unlinked. I have done this in the past without any problem. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks!
  • This happens reliably in the same way? Obviously this should work, does for me, and no one else has reported this issue.

How exactly are you testing that citations are unlinked?
  • Thanks for commenting! Here is how I did it:

"Sentence 1 [2]. sentence 2 [1]."

I inserted a citation after sentence 2 first, then I inserted another citation after sentence 1. After doing this, I get a warning : "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?"

If I click refresh, citation [2] is renumbered as [1], and the previous citation [1] becomes unlinked (turned red).

I have done similar things in the past, but Zotero always renumber the citations automatically, so this problem is new to me.

This is what I have done so far: (1) tested on both PC and Mac, (2) reinstalled Zotero. Haven't found a solution yet.
  • Ah OK, so you're getting an actual error. I believe @adomasven will want a debug ID from the Zotero connector for the operation that triggers the error:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#zotero_connectors_firefox_chrome_and_safari
  • @dwang1: For this I believe Adomas will need a Debug ID from Zotero itself, not the Connector. Instructions on the same page.

What style are you using?
  • @dwang1 Are you saying this doesn't happen if you insert citations in sequential order? Which style are you using? Please provide a Debug ID from Zotero for the 2 insertion operations.
  • thanks for the tips.

Zotero Connector
    Your debug output has been submitted.

The Debug ID is D1232787311.
  • That's from the Zotero Connector, not Zotero.
  • Did this for Zotero, here is the output:

Debug output has been sent to zotero.org.

The Debug ID is D298706940.
  • edited October 9, 2020
    Could you try to see if it works correctly for you with the Beta Connector in Firefox?