Insert bibliography by document type

I would like to ask if it´s possible to insert the References sorted by document type. Let's say I use different type of documents in my paper (books, articles, magazines, internet sites, etc). When I'm finish the text I don't want to mix the different type of documents, but have them sorted by type. It would look like something this example:

References:

Book
book
article
book
article
article
etc

Internet References:

www.xmxmxmxmx.com
www.xmxmxmxmx.com
www.xmxmxmxmx.com
www.xmxmxmxmx.com
etc.

Magazine References:

Abcdeef Magazine
Bcdefg MAgazine
etc

Can we do this with zotero?

Thanks for the help.

• You would need to edit the citation style file. What style are you using?
  • The style I'm using is APA 6th. Thanks for your kind help.
  • bwiernik may be willing to provide you with more details, but the basics of how to edit a style to do this are here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/127355/#Comment_127355
  • APA is a pretty straightforward style to edit for this. Follow the steps adamsmith links above and let me know if you need some more guidance.
  • edited October 24, 2020
    Good morning,
    First of all, thank you all for your kind help.
    I'm absolutely not familiar with style editing, but I tried to follow the guide presented and was able to get something similar to what I want. The problem is that I was only capable to do it with Chicago style; I can't find some of the programming lines in APA 16th, like < key macro="contributors-sort"/ >, for example, there is not such line, or probably it is, but with a different name.
    Second issue, the references show up sorted by document type, but the author's name dissapeared and in his place is the document type number (1, 2, 3, etc). Let me show you an example:

1. 1999. The end of the world as we know it: social science for the twenty-first century. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
    1. 2013. Does Capitalism have a Future? Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press.
    2. 2006. «The new spirit of capitalism». International Journal of Politics, Culture and Society 18 (3–4): 161–88. doi:10.1007/s10767-006-9006-9.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks