Zotero Connector fails at NASA ADS

Similar to the post here (https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/85477/zotero-firefox-connector-fails-at-science-direct), I'm having trouble saving items from NASA ADS (for example, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1965ApJ...142..419P/abstract).

I get simultaneous errors from the little popup window that "An error occurred saving with NASA ADS. Attempting to save using Embedded Metadata instead. An error occurred saving with Embedded Metadata. Attempting to save using DOI instead." but nothing saves.

I updated the connector to 5.0.73 but the issue persists. Report ID: 641736910. I tried also creating a debug log but the connector preferences tab crashed, I could try to copy/paste that info here if that's helpful.
  • Update, got the debugger to work. Debug ID: D176148774.
  • Sorry about that — fixed in Zotero Connector 5.0.74, available now for Firefox (and soon for Chrome). Thanks for reporting.
  • I am getting the same error on Zotero version 5.0.90 with chrome and Firefox connectors.
  • @bmeena: See above. This is already fixed.
  • Thanks, that was fast!!

@bmeena You have to update the connector plugin (I reinstalled manually from the zotero home page). 5.0.90 looks to be the current version of the desktop app.
  • Thanks! I removed the coonector and installed again. It works on Firefox now but still doesn't work on chrome.The updated connetor version available for Chrome is 5.0.73 (instead of 74 as for Firefox). That could be because of my old macos. But I am still happy that I can use ads on Firefox. Thank you!
  • As I say, the Chrome version will be available soon. Updates have to be approved by Google.
  • I'm having this problem, too (macOS 10.14.6, latest Chrome). Just wanted to chime in to say thanks @jspilker for reporting, and thanks, @dstillman, for the (pending) fix.
  • edited October 7, 2020
    Version 5.0.74 of the Chrome connector is available with the fix for this. Most likely you'll have been auto-updated by now.
  • Confirming that it works on macOS 10.14.6, Chrome 86.0.4240.75. Thank you!!!