Zotero grabs wrong date from youtube video source

Most important parts first.
Video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2quKyPnUShQ
Expected date:
13th Feb 2017 (from the video publish date).
Grabbed date:
18th Jan 2018.

I am using the Zotero plugin in Chrome. Latest version of Zotero, Chrome and plugin.

I tested on other videos and they seem to save correctly, but this one does not - which makes me wonder if any of my other sources have been "miss grabbed".
If I search for 2018 on that page I find nothing.

I am still very new to Zotero so I might be doing something wrong.

If any one could point me to the correct way to set up date grabbing correctly it would be much appreciated.
  • I'm getting the right date. What happens if you try saving this again for testing?
  • That helped, thanks!

Seems to be a fluke from running the program for too long (just guessing).
    I deleted the entry from Zotero and added it again, but it still grabbed the 2018 date.
    I then deleted it again and restarted Zotero - then added it again.
    This time it grabbed the correct date.

I guess I should make sure the dates are correct when adding them in the future, just to be on the safe side.
  • Always good to check data, especially from non-academic sites: they change more frequently and sometimes do weird things with their metadata...
  • I think I have managed to reproduce this bug again. I have not dared restart the PC in case there is some kind of debug data I can provide to help solve this issue.
    It happens every time you store a youtube video to your Zotero database, then store another video after. The first video after restarting Zotero will have its date set correctly. The second video will have the date from the first video.
    Deleting the second resource and restarting Zotero will let you save the second video correctly again, but a third video will then get the date of the second video.
  • Got it, thanks -- I can reproduce this. Will have to see how we can fix this, but this is very helpful (and no need for you to provide any additional info)
  • @Nixxen that should now be fixed together with the channel owner issue you reported.
  • This is now fixed