Incompatibility notice with 2.0b7.r5024 and Microsoft Word 2003/2007

On two machines, one running Word 2003 and one running Word 2007, 2.0b7.r5024 brings this error notice when attempting to insert citation: "This version of the Zotero word processor plugin (1.0b4) is incompatible with the currently installed version of the Zotero Firefox extension (2.0b7.r5024)...."

Also running Zotero WinWord Integration 3.0a1.r5006

I have tried reinstalling all Zotero pieces but cannot get this to work. Any one else with this problem?

Thanks in advance.
  • you are aware you are running a developer version of Zotero?

My hunch would be that you didn't properly uninstall the old word integration before trying the new one.
  • You shouldn't need to manually uninstall the old version—the trunk plugin installer should do that automatically, so if it didn't there may be a problem. (There's another thread about this for OS X, but the WinWord plugin uses a completely different architecture.)

I assume you've restarted Word? (I think you should get a message if it's open, anyway.)

Can you close Firefox, delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat from your Firefox profile, restart Firefox, and then check Report Errors under the gear menu, and post the Report ID here?
  • Thanks, Dan. Did as you suggest and still getting the same error message. There are many pages of errors reported all of the same variety:

[JavaScript Error: "Translator with ID c82c574d-7fe8-49ca-a360-a05d6e34fec0 already loaded from "zotero.org (from Office).js"" {file: "file:///Y:/Documents/Endnote%20Library/Zotero/translators/zotero.org.js" line: 0}]

Nothing beyond these script errors.
  • same problem with r.5028 which was released today.
  • Fixed problem by starting new Firefox profiles.
  • Hmm. Well, if you're able to figure out what the problem was in your original profile, please let us know. You could try selectively (backing up and) deleting files from the old profile until the problem is fixed. (This assumes you already tried disabling other Firefox extensions.)