ZoteroBib Link with Abstract

Hi,

I have created a ZoteroBib bibliography and am trying to get a Zotero link to display the abstracts. I can get a link at the bottom of ZoteroBib under "Link to this Version." However, the link does not display abstracts even when I set the style to "APA 7th Edition (with abstract)." I can see the abstracts in ZoteroBib, just not in the link created through the "Link to this Version" function.

Any advice?

Thank you for your help!
  • It's possible that the item has been added without abstract field populated. Could you please verify if that's the case?

Also if you regularly find that items are missing fields in ZoteroBib, I'd recommend trying Zotero + Connector for extracting items which generally yields better results.
  • Thank you. Is there any way to publish to web the bibliography directly from Zotero, as opposed to ZoteroBib?
  • You can create a group library and make it public, and drag items to it in Zotero.

But just to be clear, if the items have abstracts in ZoteroBib, you should see them in the bibliography if you use that style. If you're missing an abstract, you can add it manually to the item data. Adding by DOI in particular will generally not include the abstract, in either Zotero or ZoteroBib, since Crossref doesn't provide them.