Error message

I would really like some software to work properly, for once...
This is on Windows 10, trying to get Zotero to work on LibreOffice, but it keeps crashing.

(com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException) { { { Message = "Cannot detect media-type: file:///C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Roaming/LibreOffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu17076d99ixa.tmp_/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @195dd613660 } }, ArgumentPosition = (short) -1 }

Nothing wrong with the path... so what is wrong???
  • What is the version of LibreOffice that you are running? Could you submit a Report ID from Zotero?
  • LibreOffice 7.0.1
    I will try to send a ReportID when I get back to work tomorrow
  • edited September 29, 2020
    No, don't post individual errors from the error report here — the ones you posted aren't relevant. See the instructions we linked to for providing a Report ID.
  • This is all kind of pointless anyway, isn't it?
  • This is all kind of pointless anyway, isn't it?
    I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but if you want us to try to help you, you need to provide the info we ask for. If you don't want to do that, don't post here. So far we don't even know what version of Zotero you're running.
  • No one else has reported this with LO 7, so I'd recommend moving your LO profile directory out of the way and trying with a new profile, and reinstalling the Zotero plugin from the Cite pane of the Zotero preferences.

If it's still failing, we'd want to know the full version of Java you have enabled in the Advanced pane of the LO preferences.
  • Do you have the plugin running in LibreOffice? Do Zotero operations work at all? What do you do to receive the error message above? Does LibreOffice quit after that? What version of JRE is selected in LibreOffice (check under Options -> Advanced)?
  • I reinstalled LO and Zotero several times.
    At one point, LO went through a cycle of starting, crashing, then starting again, and I had to turn my computer off and restart to end that.
  • JRE: Version 14.0.2
  • The plugin is supposedly running; there is text in the toolbar with the usual commands, but no icons.
    Clicking on them does absolutely nothing; trying to reinstall or remove the Zotero plug-in gives me the error messages posted above.
  • Ok, so this is almost certainly an issue with LibreOffice, JRE or their compatibility. You should try downgrading to the stable release of LibreOffice 6.4.6. You should also download the Java 8 JRE and select it in the LibreOffice Options -> Advanced dialog.
  • I just upgraded because it wasn't working in the previous version(s).
  • Did you do what I suggested and try with a clean LO profile directory?