Unable to sync

As stated in title, I cannot sync.

My troubleshooting ID is 1597293134

I am on a PC w. latest Zotero version installed.
  • Component returned failure code: 0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY) [nsIFile.create]
    This might not be real, but it's possible your computer is low on RAM. Restart your computer and try again with no other programs running.

If you're still having trouble, provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that fails.
  • Restart and closing other applications didn't help. The Debug ID is: D427908830.

• (3)(+0000002): Saving https://api.zotero.org/users/20714/items/8PQ3RGJP/file

(3)(+0000005): Path is C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\storage\82HSTUXD\[…].png

(1)(+0000001): NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY Exception: Component returned failure code: 0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY) [nsIFile.create]
    Unless this is a very large file, I'd guess that this is due to security software preventing Zotero from writing to disk — in this case just an image file. You're getting a lot of other errors that also are likely to be caused by security software.
  • Is it possible to give further information? I am at my wits ends, and the IT dept. wants more insights in order to handle the issue. Can you provide more details on the process that is being destorted. What is Zotero trying to write to, what exactly does it sync to?
  • edited December 10, 2020
    I'm afraid there's not much more we can say. That's the file that appears to be triggering this and that's the error (which, again, is more likely to be due to security software than an actual low-memory condition).

You can try just pasting 82HSTUXD into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode, deleting the attachment, and emptying the trash, but there's no guarantee that will fix it, and you're still getting a lot of other weird errors that are likely to be caused by security software. But try it.
  • Was late in getting back, but that actually worked! Thank you so much