Report ID: 2055917326 Sync Error w/ two PCs

[repeat from Categories:Troubleshoot]

I have zotero 2.0b6.5 running on two PC using one account. We have a WebDAV account that is synced to both PCs.

The sync button on first PC now is showing the yellow triangle symbol (when I scroll over, it dialogs "Sync with Zotero Server. Last error: background sync resulted in conflict - manual sync required.)

If I just hit the sync button on this first PC...i get
Error: Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource()

Then after a few more moves, in center window of Zotero, a message that reads "an error has occured. Please restart FoxFire."

I have tried the "Restore to/from Server + Manual Merge" as describe at the bottom of the page at:
http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/troubleshooting_sync_errors

Even so, at the sync, still get the error:
Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource()

Full sync had the same result.

Perhaps this is due to newer items saved on 2nd PC c drive (rather than webDAV) not accessable to first PC?

Thanks for looking into this.
  • No need to double-post. You can change the category by editing your original post.

This may already be fixed in the latest dev builds, but we'll need debug output to know for sure. Restart Firefox, go to the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences, enable debug logging, and then attempt a manual sync. Then send in the debug output and post the ID here.
  • edited September 5, 2009
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for all you are doing - great stuff.

OK... I've enabled debug logging and attempted manual sync. Obviously, same error, but until the center window reads "an error has occurred. Please restart FoxFire.", the Error Reporting is not selectable. First few times after the restart it wasn't either (debugging is enabled after restart), but after a few tries, I got the following Report ID: 2102380935
    Also Report ID: 713825089
    Debug output: the report ID is D2017777875

Hope there is a fix as I'm now occasionally also I'm getting the same error on the 2nd PC upon sync.
    See Report ID: 1198148241
    Debug output: ....The Report ID is D149036287

Cheers,
    Jake
    PS: Is it the intention of the developers to soon permit us to add files (PDFs) to Group Libraries...perhaps using a similar WebDAV protocols? To us, this is the "killer app" for Zotero. Without this function, our group has yet to adopt your system. Thx for the help & feedback!
  • Continued: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8867/
This discussion has been closed.