How to transfer entries from one library to another

I have my own library on someone else's account. I also have my a library on my own account. I'd like to transfer some collections from the former to the latter. How can I do this?
  • Two options:
    1. Have both accounts join a group, drag the collection to the group from account A, drag the collection to account B from the group. That does require that the account owning the group has enough storage to sync all attachments in the group at any given time.

2. Export to Zotero RDF from account A, import to account B. There's some very minimal data loss for rarely used item types I think, but for most people that's negligible.

Note that neither option will connect items in account B with citations in Word docs created from the same items using account A
  • Thank you! How would I go about executing the second option?
  • Select the collection right-click --> Export collection, then select Zotero RDF (check the Notes and Files button). This will export a folder, move the entire folder (via USB stick or the like) to computer B, there, from Zotero, select Import and navigate to the .rdf file within that folder.