Whole bibliography in a Word document in one go?

Hi,

I was wondering is it possible for a user to select their whole Zotero bibliography to appear in Word in one go. I know it is possible to get a Zotero report which lists all your reference information etc, but I find that in MS Word the proofing functions allow you to spot errors in your references (especially for people like me who manually inserted about a 1000 references before discovering Zotero!). If it is not already possible, I think it would be a really useful function, maybe to have a button beside 'multiple sources' that would allow a user to select 'all' citations. Is this a possibility?

Eofios
  • Yes: select-all [ctrl-A) in My Library then right-click, create bibliography from selected items, choose your citation style, Output Format: copy to clipboard, paste into document. It took a while for this to work - but I have over 3,000 items and it did create a very pretty 170 page perfectly formatted document. Never done that before ... almost had a tear in my eye seeing all those references ...

Regards, Jon.
  • Brilliant Jon, thank you so much, I can appreciate that sentiment wholeheartedly, I have a tear in my eye and a smile on my face even at the thought of it!
  • Done. That is truly amazing, a beautiful thing to behold
  • edited September 1, 2009
    You can also bypass the clipboard and generate a file directly like this: select all references, right click and choose 'Create Bibliography from Selected Items' and choose "Save as RTF" as export format.