Firefox connector folder icon click causes unreadable display

I'm hoping to teach a class of McNair scholars to use Zotero tomorrow evening but I can't demo the Firefox connector because of this display problem.

When I click the folder icon for a list of results (the ones I'm trying are in Ebsco and in Scopus) - the usual checkbox list popup that allows me to select items to add to Zotero from among the items visible on the page does not display normally. The whole screen goes black and the checkbox list appears, but shrunk to a narrow width so that words appear on top of one another, thus unreadable.

I'm using Mac OS (Catalina) and Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit).

When I do the same thing in Chrome, the browser window still disappears, with the popup appearing in a separate window, detached from the browser (the browser window with my search results does not display), but the checkbox list is readable, and when I check the boxes and save to Zotero, the browser returns to the display. So it's still weird in Chrome, but at least workable.

I prefer to use and demo Firefox, though, so I hope this issue with that browser connector will be resolved soon.
  • Can you take some screenshots of what you're describing, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here? No one else has reported anything like this.