Way to save PDFs to custom folder *and* sync to Zotero cloud?

I'm very new to Zotero (and research) and trying to set it up in a way that works for my workflow.

Ideally, I would like to be able to use Zotero's cloud storage so that I can access all my files from my iPad and any uni computer, and I would also like to store a copy of these files in an easily accessible folder on my cloud drive (synced with my computer) so that I can access them via Liquidtext and other apps. So far I've been able to do either of these, but not both. Is it possible?

I've installed ZotFile, which does exactly what I want for renaming and filing, but then the Zotero stops saving to the cloud.

Many thanks in advance!
  • @evaeastman you want to keep your papers in your own folder hierarchy but sync with Zotero?

I am not sure this is possible, but in my limited unterstanding it wouldn't have any advantages over just syncing the storage folders directly (just don't sync the Zotero database).

I use syncthing, see https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/50191/syncing-zotero-with-syncthing

If you want to use Zotero to sync storage, you should plan on paying at some point, because the free storage is not that big.

If you already have access to cloud storage, I would either use that through WebDAV or sync the storage folder independently of Zotero.