Export Folder

Hi, I am trying to export a folder/collection of articles to another person. I've exported it and saved it to my laptop but everytime I attach it and send It through e-mail, when they receive it they say they only receive the RDF File and not the folder.
  • Did you export including attachments? If you did, have you bundled them in a zip file or somesuch? Just attaching the RDF to an email won't include the attachments.
  • Yes all the attachments were included. When exporting from my zotero account I chose from the translator options to export the folder/files in the RDF format, but the recipient was not able to import the folder/files in there respective zotero account/library.

I tested it out by creating a totally new zotero account with a new email and login, and exported the folder/files again from my previous account (the one I used first to export them to my colleague) in the RDF format without compressing them into a zip file. I exported the folder/file into the new account to see if it would work.
    I was able to successfully import and open up each file and attachment without a problem in the new account.

I'm not sure what the problem is or why my colleague cannot import or receive the attachments.
  • Ah OK, so your colleague has the RDF and the attachments on his own system, and the attachments are in the files folder adjacent to the RDF file?

Then I don't know what could be wrong, and you'll need help from the actual zotero devs.
  • Ah OK, so your colleague has the RDF and the attachments on his own system, and the attachments are in the files folder adjacent to the RDF file?
    We'd need clarification on this to comment further.

This doesn't really sound like a Zotero problem at all. As long as there's the .rdf file and the 'files' folder in the same folder, Zotero on any computer will import them. If you're trying to send these files and the recipient somehow isn't getting the .rdf and 'files' together, that's a problem with either how you're sending them or how the recipient is opening them and wouldn't have anything to do with Zotero.