I've lost my files and there's no one to talk to!

I finished my notes for an assignment, but my computer died. I changed to my work computer and about 4/5 of the notes are now missing. The instructions on how to fix this is complete bull. There is no one for me to call or e-mail. I'm officially freaking out!
  • This place is where the support happens. The Zotero crew will likely chime in soon too, but when you say "died", do you mean the power was cut, or it became inoperable? If not all notes were lost, I assume you had sync set up? But not to sync on change? Or did you copy files over somehow? Which instructions did you follow that are supposedly "bull"?
  • edited September 3, 2020
    We're the people you talk to. You're talking to us. But please read https://www.zotero.org/support/forum_guidelines#etiquette before posting further.

Zotero is a local program that stores data on your computer. You can use syncing, but if you don't, and you lose the data on your computer, there's no way for us to recover your data unless you have a backup of your Zotero data directory.

It doesn't look like you've ever synced, so anything you have online you saved directly to the online library and wouldn't include data you saved locally in Zotero.