How do I create a bibliography from Zotero without citing items in my main text?

Good morning
I am submitting a research proposal to my supervisor. I want to demonstrate my proposed starting bibliography from items in my Zotero library. However, I have not cited any of those items in my main text. Is there a way of copying items from Zotero (preferably more than one at a time) to create a bibliography without citing first?
Thanks in advance!
  • Yes, that's very easy.
    Select the item(s) you want to have and right click on them and choose "Create bibliography from items...". It will ask you to choose a citation style and then you can just select the "clipboard" option and paste it to your Word document. :)
  • Thank you - that is so helpful. I am trying to follow your instructions but can only select one item at at time and "create a bibliography" with that. How do I select multiple items before creating the bibliography? The clipboard only seems to retain one item....

Hope this is a really easy question too :)
  • I'm on Windows, so in order to select several items I hold the "Ctrl" button. You could also select the first item, hold the shift button and then click on the last item.
    This is all just standard Windows behaviour, so I'd assume you could do the equivalent on Mac if you happen to be on Mac.
  • Thank you! Much appreciated!
  • Is there a way to do this, but with a bibliography already being created? So, I am working in Word (Windows), and have many references in text. I have some I have cited as "Author (2009) said such and such" (for example), and I want the Author, 2009 reference to be included in the bibliography at the end. What are the best options for this? Thanks!
  • You can suppress the author. Click on the name in the cite bubble and check suppress author. Then they'll be included in the bibliography.