Restore library after robbery

Report ID: 1976930916 (Chrome Plugin)
Report ID: 1312937804 (Desktop)

After my laptop was stolen, which had the desktop version of Zotero with all the libraries, I don't know how to restore my library on my new computer.
I have worked before in a Google Docs document where I had inserted all references to sources. Now when I click on the links in the Document, I still see "Edit with Zotero", but he can't access my data via the plugin because the library no longer exists on the new desktop version.

Is it possible to restore this library from the Google Docs document or the plugin?

Thanks a lot!
  • Were you using Zotero syncing before? (You just created this account, so it would've had to have been with a different account.) If you weren't using syncing and don't have a backup of your Zotero data directory, I'm afraid there's no way to recover your data. You can continue using citations inserted into existing documents, but they won't be linked to items in Zotero.

For Word documents, it's possible to extract citations inserted via the plugin back into Zotero using Reference Extractor, though they still won't be linked to the existing citations. You can also use AnyStyle — also mentioned on that page — to recreate the items in Zotero, but, again, the existing citations won't be linked, though you could then use any extracted items in new documents.