Priority or ordering of creator types

First, Zotero is brilliant. Thanks for all the work on it.

I would like to suggest a change to what appears in the Creator column of the middle window. At present, the name that appears there is the first person listed in the Info section, regardless of their contribution. This isn't an issue with books, I don't think, because the various library databases get their data in the right order to start with. But I haven't yet found useful sources of data for films (my primary area of research) apart from Amazon. But because Amazon are all about sales, they list actors not directors, screenwriters. etc. So if I auto-scrape data from Amazon I have a list of actors to remove before I can add in other information, and then put the actors back in. Otherwise what appears in the Creator column is the first actor named, not the director. Copying the entry into a document is fine - it follows CMS - but I really want the director to appear in the Creator column.

So, can we either have a feature to change the order of name entries under Info (I suspect not because of the underlying database) or could we have some control over which type of creator appears in the Creator column, please?
  • edited May 24, 2007
    Changing the order of name entries makes good sense to me too--others have already proposed this here. The obvious use case is when one duplicates a book item to enter a chapter from an anthology: the article author has to be first, so one has to delete all editors, add the author, and then add all editors again--it would be much better if one could just add the author and then move the author's name to the top of the list. (Also, ideally, when one changes from a Book to Book Section item type, it would be nice to automatically move Title in Book to Book Title field in the Book Section, instead of leaving it in the "title" field.)