Missing Permission error

Hi. I am new to Zotero.

I installed Zotero on my Mac with Word 2016. It appears that the plugin is installed and I see new Tab saying Zotero (with Add/Edit Citation etc icons) in the Word document.

When I tried to go to Zotero from Word, I get an error saying "Missing Permission". On System preference, I can see Zotero.app under Privacy->Automation. But I do not see Microsoft Word under it. Only what I see under Zotero is System Events.app.

I checked this forum and saw some threads reporting the same issue but none of them solved my issue.

According to this thread,

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/331404/#Comment_331404

I tried to see if system is working.

osascript -e 'tell application "Microsoft Word" to insert text "hello" at the end of text object of active document'

I do see text "hello" in the word document.

I use Catalina 10.15.6 and Word 2016 16.16.25. Zotero 5.0.89.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

• This would be an OS bug. You can try creating a new User Account and seeing whether it works there, which would indicate a configuration issue on your current account. Otherwise you should look for support with Apple.
  • @yhayashi0728: It probably won't help, since Zotero isn't listed at all, but you could try opening Terminal via Spotlight and running tccutil reset All org.zotero.Zotero.