issues with references not saving to zotero (pubmed)

I was trying to save a journal article however the icon is grey and isnt even the typical 'Z'. It's a square piece of paper with lines on it. When i click on it to save the article, it doesnt appear at the bottom, as if its not attaching and therefore not saving.
  • the icon is grey and isnt even the typical 'Z'. It's a square piece of paper with lines on it.
    The journal article icon is perfectly normal and correct on PubMed. A "Z" icon would mean the plugin was broken, and I'm not sure why you would think otherwise if you've been using Zotero.
    When i click on it to save the article, it doesnt appear at the bottom, as if its not attaching and therefore not saving.
    Nothing has appeared at the bottom in many years. Are you thinking of the old Zotero for Firefox, from 2017 and earlier? When you save from the Zotero Connector, a popup appears in the top-right corner of the screen. If that's not happening, can you provide a Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for a save attempt that's not working?