Examples of extensions that add tabs to the Zotero 'item' pane

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a tab to the item pane (or modify the "notes" tab) that displays the entirety of each note as read-only text, with scrolling. (Basically the notes editor without the edit features, to preserve reading space.)

Unfortunately, the only extension I can find that does something similar is the PubPeer extension (https://github.com/PubPeerFoundation/pubpeer_zotero_plugin), and frankly I'm having a hard time understanding it. If I had another example or two, I think I'd find it easier to understand. Are there any other extensions that add tabs to the item pane?

Thanks
  • I think that is the only one. If you post on the Zotero-dev google group, Emiliano, who wrote the pubpeer extension will probably be able to give you some pointers.
  • Oh, last I'd heard he'd had to step away from Zotero stuff for unspecified reasons. I may give that a try—although I just got another of his extensions working finally, and it works nearly as well for my use case.

Thanks!
  • He last posted on the forums here an hour ago
  • The unspecified reasons were the collapse of my PhD, but that is well and truly collapsed now, so I'm back in the game.
  • I can just explain the parts you find hard to understand. If it relates to the use of typescript and webpack, you don't need it at all.