Sync error: 'relations' values currently must be Zotero item URIs

• edited August 11, 2020
    I have started seeing this error the last couple of months again using Zotero 5.0.89 (also tried the latest beta release). Items still seem to sync but not all, as the error report suggests.

Report ID: 35870562

(Trying to migrate my entire DB to Zotero storage and thought I'd make sure this is resolved before doing so.)
  • edited August 12, 2020
    (Better to start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to was from 2017 and was resolved. I've moved this to a new thread.)

Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces this error?
  • Here we go: D1421705985
  • "0": {
    "key": "HPGMSN8H"
    "version": 7668
    "extra": "Citation Key: zotero-null-485"
    "relations": {
    "owl:sameAs": [
    "0": "http://zotero.org/users/85866/items/undefined"
    ]
    }
    "dateModified": "2019-11-19T14:27:13Z"
    }
    A couple of your items have invalid linked-item relations, which normally get stored when copying items across libraries. In your case, the items have a linked-item relation to an item in the same library (which should never happen), but with a missing item key.

You can see the item in question by pasting HPGMSN8H into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode. The other is Z3VAWI5E. Do you recall doing anything unusual with these items?

@emilianoeheyns: You don't do anything with linkedObjectPredicate/owl:sameAs relations, do you?
  • Thanks for looking into this. No, I dont think I even touched the two items for quite some time, no idea how this happened. I deleted and reimported the items and the sync error has gone. Thanks a lot!