Syncing library across two PC's, using Google Drive and ZotFile. Help!

edited August 11, 2020
Hopefully this will make sense. On my original PC, I have my Zotero library, and using Zotfile, I have the attached PDF's renamed and moved to a Google Drive folder, named 'Papers'.

On my new PC, I have redownloaded Zotero, and I'm syncing the library across, (I've gone over my 300MB quota btw!), and it has the RIS's synced, however when I try to open the PDF in the new library, it cannot locate the file, even though it's going off the same file path (Google Drive).

In effect, how do I sync libraries across two PC's without syncing through Zotero? I can expand if necessary.

P.S. I can manually locate the paper, by going to the same file path and selecting the relevant paper, but I don't fancy doing this for each paper I have (I have 1,183 items in my library.
  • It's either not showing the same full path or the file isn't actually at that path on both computers. You should check again.

Most likely the file isn't actually at the same path on both computers, and you need to set a Linked Attachment Base Directory on both computers and sync both.