Zotero disappeared

Hi,

first of all, I would like to say that I appreciate this application very much!

Unfortunately I've encountered a problem with my Zotero extension today. It simply disappeared from my desktop PC at work and I cannot install it again. (Error -203)

I have (or had) Zotero running on two computers, one is a Windows Vista PC at work (Firefox 3.0, latest Zotero Beta) and the other one a MacBook Pro (Late 2008, Firefox 3.5). The data between the two computers is synced via Zotero and WebDAV. In the last few months Zotero and syncing worked fine on the Mac and the PC. And well, now it vanished from my Firefox on my PC.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tobi
  • My Zotero also disappeared from my computer, but I think the problem is within Open Office itself. I can't seem to find a way to ask questions and get it fixed on the Open Office site. Sadly, when I try to reinstall the extension, Open Office tells me it does not exist. I don't know what cause this sort of thing at all. It is frustrating because I really loved working with Zotero.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm at a complete loss and have no clue how to report a bug to the folks at Open Office.
  • My Zotero also disappeared from my computer
    Do you mean that it disappeared from Firefox, or just OpenOffice? Zotero itself is in Firefox. The Zotero OpenOffice plugin is in OpenOffice.
    Sadly, when I try to reinstall the extension, Open Office tells me it does not exist.
    An exact error message would help.

Does the Zotero plugin still show up in the OpenOffice Extensions Manager?
  • Sorry about the lack of clear terminology. It disappeared from the Open Office plugin all together. It stayed on Firefox until I started trying to fix the problem last night.

After playing with things last night trying to find a solution, I got a warning in the Firefox window (bottom right corner) saying that "Zotero user DB is newer than the SQL". I was playing with it last night pretty late trying to find a solution to the problem, and gave up about midway through. I think I know why the warning is there and how to fix it at least.

The warning that the Open Office extension is giving me is this: Add extension(s): C:/Documents and Settings/Grace Conyers/Application Data/OpenOffice.org/3/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/F1.temp_/Zotero.oxt does not exist.

I do not have a forward slash key on my keyboard layout but that is what all the backslashes could be, if it makes a difference to you.

I'm going to try to delete the folder holding the old extensions now, and then reinstalling them to see if it makes a difference.
  • Problem solved!

I deleted the OpenOffice.org folder in C:/Documents and Settings/Grace Conyers/Application Data. Then, reinstalled everything I needed. Everything works again.

Thank you for your help. I hope no one else is as clumsy as me when it comes to mucking up their computer.
  • >uno_packages/some.temp_/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt does not exist.

I also got this problem on mac os x, and I deleted all files related to OpenOffice in ~/Library/ (it was an OpenOffice folder in ~/Library/Application\ Support/ and some .plist files). And then I reinstalled Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration from Firefox preferencies, and it works!
    NOTE 1: do not delete OpenOffice files related to other applications (e.g. in ~/Library/Application\ Support/LibreOffice/ .
    NOTE 2: Deleting the OpenOffice folder removes all other extensions installed and settings.